Even if you’re not considering putting your home on the market soon, it never hurts to enhance and improve your property. Make your home the envy of the neighborhood with these simple tips:
The Lawn & Landscaping
- Mow your lawn twice a week, pull weeds and rake up your leaves.
- Trim hedges and shrubs, as well as tree limbs that are located near the roof.
- Sweep your walkways.
- Plant a variety of colorful flowers that compliment one another and bloom throughout the growing season.
- Clean your windows and gutters, and pressure wash your siding and decks.
- Freshen up the exterior of your home with a coat of paint.
- Get a new front door. If this isn’t possible, replace the hardware and stain or paint the door.
- Install new accents like house numbers, kick plates, doorbell buttons or mail slots.
- Replace your roof, if necessary. To keep the growth of moss and fungus at bay, place a strip of zinc underneath the shingles along the roofline of your house.
- Add an awning over your deck or patio to enjoy the outdoors for more of the year.